Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

After applying my brakes hard to avoid a collision last Thursday

Customer Question
" check hybrid" system" came...
After applying my brakes hard to avoid a collision last Thursday " check hybrid" system" came on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We unplugged the battery and all was well after reconnecting...it is back on now but the car is running fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Should I be worried?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Toyota Mechanic will figure it out.
Customer: Would love to fix it ourseelves
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No everything is great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
5/8/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Toyota.What year and model Toyota are we dealing with today?Any other background information about repairs recently or accidents the vehicle has been in?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2011 prius
0 accidents and car has been well maintained
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
70,000 miles
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you. Still there?
Im still here, just checking something..
Have you been to the Dealer recently or had your E0E Recall performed yet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I didn't realize there was a real that part would cause what is happening?
What part is that?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Recall not real
As you know, just stopping fast to try and avoid a collision should not cause the Check Hybrid system warning light to come on. The E0E Recall has to do with the Inverter transistors and the Intelligent Power Module, these are prone to failure and Toyota issued a reprogramming update to stop them from failing. Unfortunately some do fail and please keep in mind that this Inverter system is what takes the regenerative energy from brakeing and converts it to the Hybrid battery. This fast stopping just may have aggravated this condition.Does this make sense?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are we still connected?
Yes.Did you see my past reply?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, now I see, thank you
I will take care of the recall
If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu