Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have 2003 camery seat stuck forward, see current draw with

Customer Question
switch, seat doesn't move backwards. JA...
i have 2003 camery seat stuck forward, see current draw with switch, seat doesn't move backwards.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Seat stuck all the way forward
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: holding button, tapping track, want to remove seat cant get to fourth bolt, inside right
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
5/7/2016
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer
what is your current draw?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mike not sure but the interior light dims, telling me the motor is pulling current..
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
if your interior lights are dimming then the motor is pulling too much current indicating the motor is seizing same concept as a starter that is stuck. you will need to have the motor replaced.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the fourth bolt for the seat, got out three, is it insde next to console, or under the seat? the three i have are back two and one next to door, driver side, cant see the last one.
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
it will be upfront by the center console on the end of the seat track.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks, ***** *****
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
you may need to pop a piece of plastic trim off to un cover it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks, ***** ***** find it
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
how far stuck forward is the seat?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the seat is all the way fprward, its electric, and not mounted like the passenger seat, the right bolt is not visible and seems in a inaproprite place, lol.
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
yes that is why i asked if the seat is all the way forward then it is going to be quite difficult to access that bolt.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes, ive been trying half a day, can you down load me a picture,
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
they do not list an exploded view of the seat track assembly.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks mike, need to find a picture of this last bolt, then i can blidly feel for it to remove, got to get out, quess youtube is better and free. lol.
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
sorry i wasnt able to provide a picture for you let me do a bit more digging. also some of those bolts have a small plastic cap on them that will feel like a hard nipple to be blunt. haha
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
found something! found a tsb that explains how to manually move the seat to reveal the track bolts. although you will need to install atleast one of the door side track bolts for this to work properly.
Toyota Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
hope that helps and if you have a spare moment to leave me a rating it would be appreciated.
mike switzer
mike switzer
mike switzer