Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I think I have a bad relay effecting my a/c, tach, cruse control

Customer Question

I think I have a bad relay effecting my a/c, tach, cruse control and temp gauge on Toyota Tacoma 1997
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did an ohm test of the fuses in the cab and engine compartment and everything looks good and no signs of burnt wires of anything
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: the problem started when I hooked up a u haul utility trailer, but lights all work may be unrelated
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to pay 20.00 not 5.00 like you said?
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.I'd like to help you, but I'm not sure I understand what's going on with your Tacoma. Can you tell me in detail what is not working and how it came to be that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my air conditioning has no power no blower no lights, my tachometer is not working , my cruse control is not working no temp gauge everything else seems to be working and they all stopped at once, I checked all fuses with ohm meter and they are good
OK. Let me check my power distribution diagram to see if I find any common points. Be back in a bit...
Thanks for waiting.I don't see any common points where these circuits would be fed by the same fuse or relay - this assuming there have not been any modifications to the original wiring harnesses and related components.If you wish, I could help you diagnose the affected circuits one at a time - I'd upload the diagram and you'd follow along with your voltmeter. Would that be something you'd want to do?
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now.If it didn't, please reply.Best Regards.