Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I recently removed my dash panel and bezelz to paint them.

Customer Question
Since i removed it my...
I recently removed my dash panel and bezelz to paint them. Since i removed it my speedometer voltmeter and thermometer are not working properly. The speedometer falls to the tachometer lcd and the volt meter and thermometer do the same thing. 2011 toyota tundra
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried resetting the ecu by removing the neg. Cable and leaving it off for 15 minutes then replacing it. I have also tried manually placing the needles where they should be and turning the truck on. But the needles will fall after the truck is turned off for a little while and cranked again
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
5/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Check for any damaged,shorted or disconnected wiring or connections in the area you had performed this work to see if any issues are found.If a fault is found at all it will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No shorts or cut wires found
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked the wires and nothing is cut or pinched. They are all in place. I have also tried a suggestion from a fellow tundra owner. I have set the needles to 0 and started the truck and let it sit to see if the computer would reset but it didnt work.
I apologize for the delay.Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are setting with this issue here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No i havent had the opportunity. Ill plug it up tonight if i can
O.k.,if you can tell me what codes (if any ) are set this will help just let me know. Thanks Pete
Pete, Auto Service Technician