Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Highlander (gas): 2009 highlander 170000 check engin light

Customer Question

2009 highlander 170000 check engin light trac light abs light PS light
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Before we begin, please understand that all I can do from where I am is offer you my technical knowledge and guidance. Regardless of what you might have heard or read, modern vehicles are complicated machines that require sophisticated equipment and tools in order to diagnose and repair them; if you don’t have access to those tools, chances are I won’t be able to help you, as the guidance I offer is based on the same OEM instructions that are followed by dealer techs everywhere.Having made that point clear, the most common problem that produces the symptoms you describe is an internal fault in the Skid Control ECU - Toyota recommends replacing the entire assembly as the correct repair.I could certainly guide you through a systematic diagnostic process that will pinpoint the root cause of this issue, the caveat being you'd have to use a Techstream scan tool to execute that process.Please let me know if you need further assistance with this issue.Best Regards.