Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My Toyota corolla vibrates and somties turn off the engine

Customer Question
each time i put it...
My Toyota corolla vibrates and somties turn off the engine each time i put it in drive
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Toyota corolla vibrates and sometimes turn off the engine each time i put it in drive
4/25/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Is the check engine light currently on now when the engine is running? Also, does it cut off when you approach a stop every time? thanks. Also what year is your Corolla?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My check engine light has always been on even before this occurrence, am using a Toyota corolla 2008 model
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My check engine light has always been on even before this occurrence, am using a Toyota corolla 2008 model. and when its on motion it gets to vibrate but slightly
Alright, I understand. Does it shut off when driving everytime you pull to up to a stop? Can you drive the vehicle in other words, or does it cut off much like a manual transmission would coming to a stop if you didn't push in the clutch?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At times it does but not often, the only thing that happens is that it vibrates on motion slightly
Alright, What I would do first, is clean the throttle body, get some carb cleaner, a rag, and an old toothbrush, and clean the throttle body where the throttle plate is and make sure all that is clean. That should help. It would be a good idea to stop by a local auto parts store and get the codes checked as well. You may have a misfire code, which then it would likely need spark plugs or coil packs. Make sure your air filter is new. Clean the throttle body, check your normal maintenance items, especially the spark plugs, I believe that should fix it, but if not, you may want to replace the idle air control valve as well. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician