Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in the automotive service industry.
29534642

My Toyota corolla vibrates and somties turn off the engine

Customer Question

My Toyota corolla vibrates and somties turn off the engine each time i put it in drive
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Toyota corolla vibrates and sometimes turn off the engine each time i put it in drive
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Is the check engine light currently on now when the engine is running? Also, does it cut off when you approach a stop every time? thanks. Also what year is your Corolla?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My check engine light has always been on even before this occurrence, am using a Toyota corolla 2008 model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My check engine light has always been on even before this occurrence, am using a Toyota corolla 2008 model. and when its on motion it gets to vibrate but slightly
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Alright, I understand. Does it shut off when driving everytime you pull to up to a stop? Can you drive the vehicle in other words, or does it cut off much like a manual transmission would coming to a stop if you didn't push in the clutch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At times it does but not often, the only thing that happens is that it vibrates on motion slightly
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.
Alright, What I would do first, is clean the throttle body, get some carb cleaner, a rag, and an old toothbrush, and clean the throttle body where the throttle plate is and make sure all that is clean. That should help. It would be a good idea to stop by a local auto parts store and get the codes checked as well. You may have a misfire code, which then it would likely need spark plugs or coil packs. Make sure your air filter is new. Clean the throttle body, check your normal maintenance items, especially the spark plugs, I believe that should fix it, but if not, you may want to replace the idle air control valve as well. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.