mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Someone took my keys, my car is running but I would like to

Customer Question

someone took my keys, my car is running but I would like to know how far I can drive without the key fob it is a 2013 ford escape
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear someone took your keys! As long as you do not shut the car off, you can drive as far as you need to. Just make sure to not shut the car off by accident, once you do, it will be stuck there until you can get your keys back. There will also be a warning on the dash to the effect of a non recognized key, or missing key. That is fine, and normal for the car to do that. Hope you get to your destination safe!
Just wanted to touch base with you and see if you made it to your destination last night:I also submitted a rating form showing that I am ready to be rated. Thank you!
Expert:  mike switzer replied 1 year ago.
were you able to make it home alright?