Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2010 Prius with a check hybrid system error. How do

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Prius with a check hybrid system error. How do I reset the system?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just got done installing a timing chain. The the batteries were disconnected for a few days and now I have this error. Any ideas?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried the start procedure were you hold the start button for 15seconds. Tried three times
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: Hybrid battery is charged. Going to check the 12 volt battery.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please advise of the DTC code that you have. Thanks