sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

And my toyota 4runner 92 idels ruf JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

***** ***** And my toyota 4runner 92 idels ruf
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When its on park idels good ones i put it on drive idels low and feels like its chocking when i accelerat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that will cause the engine to run poorly. It may be as simple as worn ignition components, it may be low fuel pressure or fuel contamination, it could be an inaccurate sensor causing the engine to run rich or lean. Cylinder sealing/compression and cam timing issues will also cause the engine to run poorly but the problem shouldn't be intermittent.Has anything been done to try to diagnose the issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just had the engine change another thing is when i move the distributor to move timing up does not do nothing it showed nock sensor was not working fixed that problem and still same thing
Why was the engine replaced?Where did the replacement come from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Old engine heads when out ran it hot and other engine came from another car dont know specific
Was this problem present before it was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Did you see the engine run in the vehicle it came out of?How much of the replacement was used? Just the block and heads, all sensors and other components, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Block head and sensor only
Did you see the engine run in the vehicle it came out of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Can you explain the exact procedure you're using to try and set timing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm not able to talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What problem would the nock sensor give out
A knock sensor issue would set a fault code and/or cause spark knock on acceleration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it also give problems to the timing and make it seem like there is a miss fire
Yes, incorrect ignition or cam timing will cause the engine to run poorly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks would let u know if the knock sensor was the hole problem
Ok!