Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My temp gaue does stay cold not hot over not red JA: Sometimes

Customer Question
my temp gaue...
my temp gaue does stay cold not hot over not red
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Temperatue does stay cold but not hot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing try to find out things
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: temperatue gauge does stay cold but hot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
4/16/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
hell, thanks for posting your questionDoes the temp gauge stay down on cold all the time or does it move at all?
What year and model is it and is it a 4 cylinder or V6 engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 cylinder I got gas 3 days ago ok now my Temp gaue does stay cold
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was fine not doing this before I got gas
What I'm going to try is to get to the engine temperature sending unit then disconnect the wire going to it and ground it, then see if the gauge goes up. Do you know where the temp sending unit is on this engine?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I start the car let you know
Ok, keep me posted.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vsc off check eng light on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i need to change my oil
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the gauge its does!t stay down by cold up close to red but not red
Ok so the engine is overheating and the check engine light is on, I still need to know what year it is and what model toyota.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Year 2010
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2010
2010 what, camry, truck, corolla, which model??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2010. Corolla
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok so whats the problem
Thanks, ***** *****'m going to ask you is to drive it to an autoparts store like Autozone , O Reilly or Pep Boys and ask then to connect their computer to find out why the check engine light is on, they do this for free, ask them to give you the trouble code numbers then let me know what they are so I can start helping you fix this.
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech