Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2007 Toyota Matrix no power at fuel pump

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
4/8/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Good morning,What has been checked thus far?Have you checked any of the relays yet?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We're are they located at
The EFI relay controls the fuel pump on this model. It is located in the under hood fuse box. Here is a diagram that shows the location:
Disclaimer:Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied. If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relay is good
Ok. When you turn the key to the run position can you hear or feel it make a click? You will need someone to turn the key while you listen and feel for the click.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
Ok. You will also want to check the EFI fuse in that same fuse box.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Efi relay is what I thought you meant
The EFI relay should click, but the EFI 10 amp fuse should show 12 volts with a multimeter with the key on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it located under hood
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Efi fuse is good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got fuel pump working now no spark
Did it just start working on it's own?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah
So where are you at this point? Fuel pump is ok but still no spark?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a securit issue reprogrammed key all is good
OK. Let me know if you need help in the future.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K thanks
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician