Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My 2005 Sienna minivan won't start. When I put my booster pack

Customer Question
on the battery then every...
My 2005 Sienna minivan won't start. When I put my booster pack on the battery then every so often the horn and lights start flashing just like if someone has hit the panic button. When I turn the key nothing happens. With out the booster pack the there is a clicking noise from the relay area at about the same rythem as what the horn does every once in a while
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Anything else I can tell the Toyota Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it. I feel like its the anti theft system.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
4/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Christopher Trevino,
 replied 1 year ago
Christopher Trevino
Hello there, although I an NOT a Toyota technician, I do have first hand experience with disarming antitheft systems on all makes of vehicles. I want to ask if the battery connections look corroded in any way? do you happen to have a digital volt meter to check battery volts, loose or corroded battery connections and or a discharged or weak battery can cause the antitheft system to trip. As far as disarming the security system, do you have the keyfob or transmitter?
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician