Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

97 Land Cruiser. i disconnected the battery to install

Customer Question
97 Land Cruiser. i...

97 Land Cruiser. i disconnected the battery to install radio, hooked it back up and the vehicle will not crank over

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

All electronics seem to work, but when i turn the key over to start, it does nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, the alarm is not sounding and no lights flashing. I had heard there is a valet button under the dash to possibly reset, but I dont see that it is there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Turning the key, redid all the wiring the radio to see if there a connection problem or possible loose wire, but did not find any.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/30/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the door with the key or remote and see if the engine then starts and runs.If it does then this should have corrected the fault here.If the engine does not start and run when this is done let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete