tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

The speedometer and odometer on the 2002 Sienna is not

Customer Question

The speedometer and odometer on the 2002 Sienna is not working. The engine light is NOT on. Where is the best place to start?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When accelerating from 1st to second gear the vehicle seems to hesitate. kind of a "hiccup" The speedometer stays at zero - although the tachometer works just fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: not that I am aware of. this is my first Toyota and I decided to ask for assistance before "tearing into it" any further.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

the common thing that may cause the speedometer not to work and the transmission not to shift correctly is the speed sensor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n49mn50sshrbtjx/0329%3Dtoyota-speedsensor-Direct%20Clutch%20Speed%20Sensor.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/n49mn50sshrbtjx/0329%3Dtoyota-speedsensor-Direct%20Clutch%20Speed%20Sensor.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help