Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Installed new battery in 2000 Toyota Tacoma and the only

Customer Question
things that work are the...
Installed new battery in 2000 Toyota Tacoma and the only things that work are the headlights and horn
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

There is a good chance that some fuses may have blown during the battery replacement, have you checked the fuses in the box under the hood, there is a larger 140A fuse and a couple of 30/40 A fuses that need to be checked as well. There are two cables coming from the positive battery post, one goes directly to the starter and a smaller one goes directly to the fuse box, make sure these are connected.

Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech