Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2011 Sienna limited has been sitting months while we were

Customer Question
2011 Sienna limited has been...
2011 Sienna limited has been sitting for 3 months while we were away and after we got home could not start car jumped it and we are still not able to start car put a brand new battery in and still no luck.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: jumping the battery installing a new battery
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/28/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on your explanation of the issue, am I understanding that there is absolutely no power in the vehicle at all? No headlights, dome light, etc, or you have those items and it will not crank. Please clarify so I can assist you better. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lights on dash light up but engine won't start

Do you hear a single click noise when you turn the key to start?

...From under the hood?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a push button star

do you hear a single click from under the hood when you press the start button?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No sound start button is red not green
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Security light is blinking

Please take the fob/remote button and place it as close as you can to the start button, touching the area as close to the button as you can. Hold the fob there and press the start button.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not work lock light is blinking

Is there any possibility that the battery was jumped on a very high setting with a charger, or, the battery cables were attached backwards?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can't be sure if my son tried jumping it with out my knowledge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Car doors open when keys are near car

Then you must have a blown fuse...I would check all of the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash on the left side. Sometimes, when a battery is jumped, the spike of voltage will cause a fuse or two to blow. You will also want to pay close attention to the fuses that have clear plastic "windows". These are the higher current fuses. The ALT fuse, and the AM1 and AM2 fuses specifically. If all the fuses are good, the inactivity of the starter motor may have caused the brushes to seize on the armature. This may require a starter removal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This may take a little while are the fuses clearly marked under the hood

Yes.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician