Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2013 Rav4 comes on after 10 minutes of driving, even when

Customer Question
the JA: Tell me a bit...
2013 Rav4 comes on after 10 minutes of driving, even when the
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: outside temp is 20 degrees F.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: The Toyota dealer in Bangor, Maine can't figure it out.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/24/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

What exactly is going on with your vehicle? I need as much detail as possible. Do you have the vehicle identification number available?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My wife has the car at the moment. As I said, the Aux Cooling Fan comes on at the dumbest time -
after 110-15 minutes of driving, even at 20 degrees (F). The temp gauge shows "Normal", exactly
what it has always shown.

On the original statement there was no information about the auxiliary cooling fan. When you're standing at the bumper looking down is it the driver-side fan or passenger side fan that's coming on intermittently? If you shut the inside blower off and make sure you're not in any of the defrost modes does the cooling fan still come on or does it remain off at that point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hmmm.......... Is there any way I can get back to YOU in an hour or two? I'll have
the VIN and other answers. Thanks

Yes just reply back to this post and I will get back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First thing - I had a brain problem - The RAV4 is a 2011 NOT a 2013.
VIN: 2T3DF4DDV4BW091365
Just spoke to my wife, got the VIN, and wouldn't you know it, she's had
no problems with the fan(s). There are two. If she has problems later
today, can I still get in touch with you?

Yes Do the test as I described and let me know if the fans stay off

Can you recheck the VIN it is not a good number

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician