Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Got 05 toyota Tacoma stock truck replace the fuel pump three

Customer Question
Hey got 05 toyota Tacoma...
Hey got 05 toyota Tacoma stock truck replace the fuel pump three times with a brand new fuel pump truck will crack good will start what you think
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is nick
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/22/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 1 year ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hit there. I'm a bit confused by your post; do you mean to say the engine cranks but won't start? If so, is fuel pressure around 40 psi? Is there a good strong spark at the plugs? Is there injection pulse? Is engine compression over 150 psi across all cylinders?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the fuel pump three times and it cranks but want start

I understand that part. Now I need you to understand that without the information I asked from you, there's not much I can do, regardless of how much I want to help you.

At a minimum, I'll need to know whether or not the engine will start and momentarily run on starting fluid, plus whether or not there is injection pulse (Noid Light sells for less than $15 at most auto parts stores).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will start with starting fluid

I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.

Best Regards.

Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Different expert here. The first thing we need to know is this: Is the fuel pump activating when the engine is cranked? If it starts and runs for a short time on starting fluid, we can assume that the spark is ok. Again, since it starts and rums on starting fluid, we can also assume that there is no fuel. This does not mean that the fuel pump is the cause. What I would do, if this vehicle was in my shop, would be to check the wire connector at the fuel pump for power with the engine cranking. If you have no power at the pump, we have to find out what is causing this. Can you check to see if there is power in the fuel pump wire connector? (this would be the Black with a Red stripe wire in the connector)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I got power what else could it be

Check to see if the White with a Black stripe in the fuel pump connector has a good solid ground.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does what else

You need to verify that you have power at the fuel injector wires. That is any of the Black with a red stripe wire at the fuel injector wire connectors.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There four wires on connector there one that has fire

The injectors have 2 wires. Voltage and ground. Voltage should be on the Black with a red stripe.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician