Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I own a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE (dual control and rear vents).

Customer Question
The AC doesn't come on...
I own a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE (dual control and rear vents). The AC doesn't come on. The panel lights up, but the internal fan that blows the air doesn't start when the fan button is pressed and the compressor doesn't start either.
We tried connecting the AC face from a 2015 Toyota Camry LE (without dual control) and the AC worked. We have tried replacing the AC panel with similar panels but the 2 we have used still didn't work.
Is there a sensor or a switch that could be bad?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/22/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician

Do you have the Vehicle identification number available? Has there been any service work on this recently? Do you have a voltmeter and a reasonable knowledge of how to use it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VIN: 4T1BF1FK3CU041897Well, I noticed that the amplifier module was missing (at the leg area of the front passenger seat) as well as the module (long black fuse) at the extreme right of the fuse box in the engine area (under the hood).We tried replacing these but I do not know if we got the exact parts.You can direct on how the voltmeter could come in handy and I can instruct a technician to do as you have said.

I am Confused as to why those models would be missing. This is a salvage car? Can you give me a little history of what's going on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought the vehicle from the auction. Can't tell if these items were stolen at the port or if the car was sold that way. I Identified those items were missing after I noticed the AC was not coming on.

This is not something I'm going to be able to get into in this type of format. This can be way deeper than a back-and-forth dialogue is going to be resolved this will need some hands-on repair work. I will opt out this will allow other experts to take a look at this if they're interested.

Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

1. The prior tech has opted out.
  2. Would you like me to help?
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician