Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Factory DVDs player in 2009 Land Cruiser is making noise.

Customer Question
sounds like motor to open...
Factory DVDs player in 2009 Land Cruiser is making noise. sounds like motor to open it is on. Tried to put DVDs in and play... Dvd plays sound.... But can not get screen to open. I have remote....just replaced batteries. any ideas??
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was hoping to get the motor to stop running.....I do not want a dead battery. I will look for a fuse to disconnect.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: No....just hoping to solve problem myself for weekend....until I can have it looked at the dealer.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/19/2016
Toyota Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is going to be an internal failure in the unit which require it to either be replaced or removed and sent to a repair facility such as United Radio. Sending one out for repair is usually cheaper than replacing with a remanufactured unit.

In the mean time you can remove the RAD NO1 fuse and that will prevent the battery from dying if it will not shut off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you open the screen without the motor?How do you remove to send it in for repair?

You can force it open but you won't want to do that if you're considering having it repaired.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery disconnect?
What about navigation etc - does that get reset when you disconnect the battery ?Do you need a special code for reset ?

You may need to enter a security code once the battery is reconnected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we bought this car usedHow where do we get the security code???

If it requires a code and you don't have it then you can obtain it from your dealer or through www.radio-code.com

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician