Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Its a 2010 corolla .. making a rattling noise similiar to

Customer Question

its a 2010 corolla .. making a rattling noise similiar to what a diesel car sounds like
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: recently had a oil change and they showed me that a new axle is needed its lacking grease so they think that could be the rattling noise. Ive had problems with the plastic splash guard underneath the car ( has cause a rattling noise before) but it is secured in place.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Toyota Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: its missing the plastic tire guard on the front drivers side
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Noises are very difficult to diagnose in this format because I cannot hear it. Do you have an audio clip on your cell phone that you can post a link to? Does the noise happen only while driving or when you start the engine up can you hear it making noise? I just need more details on the parameters of this noise when it happens and how long it goes.