Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

MY NAME ***** ***** 2009 TOYOTA CAM XLE PO 607 ONLY WHEN

Customer Question

MY NAME ***** ***** 2009 TOYOTA CAM XLE PO 607 ONLY WHEN RAINS
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: CLEAR CODES WHEN RAINS COMES BACK OTHER THAN THAT NO ISSUES
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Toyota Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. A P0607, only when it rains, is a rather unique issue. My initial thought is your are getting rain water intrusion into one of your air/fuel sensor wire connectors, and this is compromising the signal. Or, which would be rare (not rare if the vehicle had a windshield replacement of heavy collision repairs on the passenger side front), rain water is dripping onto the wire connectors of the electronic control unit under the dash. This particular code, if the rain water is not getting some place it should not, is hard to chase down without a scan tool. A lot of real - time diagnostics need to be looked at, and, if they all pass, the manual recommends replacement of the ECM. You do not want to buy a replacement ECM if you do not have to, and it may NOT fix the problem.