Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pete, ***** ***** here... I have a brand new Rav4 hybrid.

Customer Question
Hi Pete, ***** *****...

Hi Pete, ***** ***** here... I have a brand new Rav4 hybrid. Back hatch will not open/close. It is a power lift.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Went out this morning and noticed Hatch was 1/2 way down. pushed the button, motor sounded like it was working but wouldn't go down. Had to push is down, and it latched, when I tried to open it again, it would unlatch, but would not open.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/14/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician replied 2 years ago
Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

How many miles on the rav?

4000

Ok, this is a very common problem with the new rav4s You will need to take it in to the dealer and have both actuators replaced. This is completely covered under your 3 year 36,000 mile warranty

If there is anything else I can I can help with let me know otherwise please rate my service as that is the only way I get paid.