Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Door doesn't open, 2000 toyota celica gt, door latch does

Customer Question

door doesn't open
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2000 toyota celica gt, door latch does not open manually when turning key. actuator was disconnected at some point so actuator motor does not engage. cannot remove interior door panel becasue door does not open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i was hoping to find more information about how it works s oif its a simple fix maybe I can do it myself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: other than I need to open the door so I can take off the panel so I can remove the actuator to see if it needs replacement?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You are going to need to take the door panel off and see if you can determine why the latch will not release. Even with the door stuck shut you should still be able to get the door panel off. Its will be a little tight with the door closed but still do able. I have enclosed the steps for the panel int he link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Once you have the panel off have a look at the latch and the linkage from the release handle to it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20panel%20Mar%2014.pdf