Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Toyota ghlander. The headlight Auto mode

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Toyota...
I have a 2007 Toyota Highlander. The headlight Auto mode stopped working/parking lights only come on. Also, Security Blinks all the time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/10/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Will the vehicle start and run?
  2. Does the theft light blink while running?
  3. Is there an aftermarket alarm or immobilizer or remote start on the vehicle?
  4. Does your vehicle have daytime running lights?
  5. Do the headlights work in the manual on position?
1. Yes, starts and runs.
2. No. it starts blinking after engine is turned off, weather car is locked or not.
3. No aftermarket alarm or immobilizer or remote start on vehicle.
4. Yes, has daytime lights if you have the sw in auto mode. Normaly if in auto mode headlights go on when ever engine is
running, and auto turn off when engine turned off. Now, only parking lights come on when in auto mode.
5. Yes, headlights work in the manual position.

Thanks, ***** ***** light should blink with the key off to tell would be thieves of the system on the vehicle.

The auto lamp setting turns the headlights on automatically when the light sensor detects its dark enough outside.

The daytime running lights should come on regardless of the headlight switch position anytime the key is on.

With the switch in the auto position, key on, its dark outside, if the parking lights are on and the headlights are not working high or low beams. Then this is likely a body control module issue. Do you have a diagnostic tool.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I do not have a diagnostic tool. Now the only time headlights come on is when i turn them on with switch. Could it be a fuse or a relay?

This is not a fuse to blame. There are no relays used specific to auto setting they are used in all settings and since the lights work manually, that means the relays are working. Would you like a diagram?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

No thanks. Problem went away.
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician