Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My truck is a 2006 Tacoma. I understand how my rear locking…

Customer Question
Hi! My truck is...

Hi! My truck is a 2006 Tacoma. I understand how my rear locking did works. My question is. The red 4x4 light is flashing even though I have not engaged the lock. I've engaged my 4x4 and it is working, but the red light is still flashing. How ever the red light will go out after I start diving. Are you able to help me with this? Thanks ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It's my locking dif. And it goes out after I start driving .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/7/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have engaged the diff. lock and disengaged it and the light is still flashing this can indicate a fault code has set in one of the computers for the 4wd system and its components.What will need to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with ALL computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

In some cases it is the feed back signal from an actuator or sensor needing replaced.Having the codes checked will help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete