Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do you get to the plug module on a 2015 Toyota ghlander…

Customer Question
How do you get to...
How do you get to the plug module on a 2015 Toyota Highlander outer passenger tail light. It was easy enough to remove the light but how do you get to the plug module?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/6/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the light socket plug in some cases it is bolted onto the tail light or the socket is individually twisted into the light and needs twisted usually counter clock wise to release it from the tail light for removal.If this is not what you are after here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I am replacing the entire tail light assembly on pass side. No prob getting the assembly off but the wire harness with plug module goes through a hole into body of vehicle. How do I simply get to that module to unplug it?

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt showing how to access this module to unplug it.If the harness leads to the inside of the vehicle to the module then the interior paneling usually needs removed on the inside to access the plug and module.If the wiring leads to the outside then you may have to remove an inner fender liner or other exterior under paneling to access it.If this is not the case here I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

No just refund my $14 since you guys couldn't answer the question.

I will send this to customer service.

Thanks Pete