Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Yaris cranks but will not start

Customer Question
2007 Yaris cranks but will not start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/5/2016
Toyota Mechanic: I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

How many miles do you have on this vehicle ?

So you have good cranking ,fuel at the 4 injectors , spark also at the four plugs and the timing is right on the money, right ?

Have you pulled your spark plugs out to see they're condition and also to see if they are wet ?

Can you remove the up stream O2 sensor and then try to start the engine (possible clogged exhaust cat) ?

Let me know.

Thank you.

Car has 94k miles. I forgot to mention the exhaust has been disconnected after the manifold to check for clogged cat
The spark plugs were wet with fuel I bought new orm plugs but still will not start

If the cat is not clogged ,there is spark , fuel ,good compression and the engine is on time ,you have everything for any engine to start.

Pull the spark plugs out and see if they are flooded with gas again.

Take a sample of the gas into a plastic cup and let it sit for a few minutes and then check for possible water on bottom of the cup.

Let me know.

Thank you.

Does the engine sound like it wants to start ?

Have you try to hold the gas pedal on the floor and crank it for 10 seconds?

I took a sample in a plastic water bottle when I was checking for fuel flow through the line and the gas didn't seem to have any contamination in it. I've been using my whatever gas I've taken out of the line so far and used it in my snowblower so far with no issues. I've tried pedal down and cranking but no start. Not even trying to start. The car won't run on carb cleaner either which leads me to believe fuel is not an issue

So ,no trouble codes pop out while cranking the engine ?

Dos the check engine light come on ,when turning the ignition key to the ON position ?

No codes while cranking. The light does come on with key on and the generic scanner I have does communicate with ecm properly. When the fuel pump died the car threw a system too lean but once erased after fuel pump change it has not returned.
Engine data all reads properly with scanner as well. Rpm air temp etc...

It is very strange, I am going to open this question to the other Toyota techs to see if any of them have seen this before.

Sorry I could not help.

Do not reply back or the question will lock on me again.

Someone will pick this question shortly.

Thank you.