Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I dropped my key and now the buttons fell out now I'm trying

Customer Question
to start it it won't...
I dropped my key and now the buttons fell out now I'm trying to start it it won't I lost the trunk button it just turns over but not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing it has the key theft symbol on the dash I want to just start my car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I wanna leave
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing at all but turn the key I want to speak with someone
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: No not at all the car is prefect it's just the theft system won't let me start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: I have to get to work what's the number
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/5/2016
Toyota Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

do you have a spare key

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't have a spare key sir
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are u there ?

when you dropped the remote you more then likely broke the transponder chip in the remote you are going to need to order another key they are about 100 dollars

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay thank you I know where to Go for like $65 but thanks

ok if you need anything else let me know please be sure to rate my service when you get the chance if you need info on how to program the key when you get just message me on here i can get it for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I deactivate the system so I won't have to deal with this ever again

you would have to change out the ignition switch with one that doesn't require a transponder key

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which is like hundreds of dollars?

a new ignition to have put in would be a couple of hundred dollars

cloe0626
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic