Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I'm having a problem programming the car fob. its a 2004

Customer Question
Hi Tom, I'm having a...
Hi Tom, I'm having a problem programming the car for my fob. its a 2004 rav4. I followed different instructions on how to program the car but its not working. I am unable to program the car so I haven't gotten to the fob yet. Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
3/4/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you by attaching the official Toyota Technical Service Bulletin (EL009-07) that tells one how to program the remotes for your vehicle.

This is the proper sequence attached

This procedure assumes that:

1) the batteries in the remotes are new and good

2) the remotes are compatible with the system receiver in the vehicle

3) the remotes are indeed transmitting the proper signal and with sufficient strength

Please confirm that you have received my input. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Phone call not price not acceptable
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fob Batts are good. The problem is programming the car. It was working before
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a fuse that may be the problem. I've checked all the fuses I can find
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I received you in and followed your instructions several x

Let's forgo the phone call . If the doors lock and unlock with the door switch, the fuses are good. What you need to do, before you do anything else, is go to a Toyota dealer service department. At the counter, ask the Service Manager of the counter person to "Check the RFI output" on your remotes. The sev dept has a device that is solely designed for this purpose. You may have good batteries, but the RFI signal may be corrupted, weak or off frequency. This is very common on these cars (to lose proper signal or frequencies)

The red LEDs on the meter should 'peg' to the right of the meter. If you only illuminate 1 or 2 LEDs, the remote is corrupt.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The car should program without the fob. Programming the fob to match the signal is after programming the car

A corrupt remote will not program to the vehicle.

If the car does not ENTER the programming mode, then there is an issue with the Toyota "RS-3200" receiver unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The car is not responding to the sequence to program

The receiver would be the device that the programming sequence is activating.

This sounds very much like your receiver module is faulty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the unit. I don't have a service manual for this vehicle. I work on cars and do not need a Toyota mechanic

I will send you the installation manual in a few moments. This will show you the entire system

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ty very much.

Here you are. Hope this helps

This should allow you to also verify all of your connections.

Please confirm that you have received my attachment. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ty for your assistance

You are very welcome. Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I trust my input is satisfactory to you. A positive rating for my assistance today would be greatly appreciated/ Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Thank you

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert