Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2002 tacoma doors will not lock electrically. Neither the…

Customer Question
My 2002 tacoma doors will...
My 2002 tacoma doors will not lock electrically. Neither the key for or individually work. They all unlock properly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/2/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Toyota Mechanic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

This is likely the Body ECU which is similar to a Body Control Module
Test Fuse "ECU-IG" located in the Inside Fuse Panel on "both sides" of Fuse
IF Fuse is good, then use of Toyota Dealer Scan Tool is needed to test the Body ECU
apprx 1 hour labor

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.