Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I put a leveling kit on my 2016 4Runner and now the ABS

Customer Question
light, t/c lights are on...
I put a leveling kit on my 2016 4Runner and now the ABS light, t/c lights are on as well as my 4x4 light is flashing. Any ideas??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
3/1/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

It's possible that one of the wheel speed sensor wires was damaged or stretched inside the insulation during the installation of the leveling kit, I would recommend getting a diagnostic scan tool connected and find out what specific code is stored in the abs/trac system, the 4x4 light flashing is because of the fault code, my best guess at this time is that one or maybe both of the front wheel speed sensors is not getting a signal to the computer.

I can be of a lot more help if I had that information.