Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and i wanted to disable my 2012

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and i wanted to disable my 2012 tacoma daytime running lights. do you have any mods for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/28/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this today. The first part is what you will have to do and the second link is for illustration purposes because its actually done on reverse...

I wanted to share this just in case anyone else wanted to get rid of their Daytime Running Lights. It was easy, all you need is two parts: a NON- DRL Denso 12.8v flasher, Toyota part # ***** and an M1 signal junction block, Toyota part # *****

Follow the disassembly instructions from 007Tacoma's original thread, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/1475-05-drl-daytime-running-lights-install-oem.html , remove the fuse block, and you will just do things in reverse. Disconnect the Y-harness that comes from the large black DRL relay, and connect your NON-DRL flasher and Junction Block to the 2 ports that the Y-harness was attached to- you will find that they only fit one way.

On my 2012, there was a third small connector routed to the large black DRL relay, I think it comes from the E-brake switch. I reconnected that when I reassembled everything, and I also just left the black DRL relay where it was in case I ever want to switch back.

Everything works as it should! I got help for this from boomer6, thanks much, duder!