Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My vent control knob (the one with defrost on it) was

Customer Question
difficult to turn but now...
My vent control knob (the one with defrost on it) was difficult to turn but now it's real easy. Point is, it's not operating 100%. Toyota told me it would cost $900 to fix it and it has something to do with an actuator. Can you tell me if this sounds even remotely logical to you? I nearly spit out the coffee I was drinking. And it won't pass state inspection without properly working. Seriously, I went it for a know to be fixed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I need to start with year? make? model and engine size, thanks