rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I am the ownner of a Lexus ls 200 and not able to locate the

Customer Question

Hi, I am the ownner of a Lexus ls 200 and not able to locate the ECU 2, TO CHECK IT.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Batery Comsuption while car is parked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I think so, because the problems according to my analysis (as mechatronic engineer) come from this device.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Once the protection income fuse which is connected to the ECU2 according to the wiring diagram, the parking comsuption (batery) is reduced to the normal value.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: OK, Toyota people was not able to solve the issue after 2 weeks and pretty sure, that it is not a question of replacing more parts but to address the root cause.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Please supply vehicle information.

Thanks, Ron