Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just bought an 87 toyota 4x4. I had to put a motor in it.

Customer Question
I just bought an...

I just bought an 87 toyota 4x4. I had to put a motor in it. I put a new battery and a ground cable from the battery to the motor was also installed. When I turn the key I only get a buzzing from the starter relay. If I run a wire straight from the battery (+) to the small wire terminal on the starter, the motor turns over fine. I have 12.v on the battery but only 9 on the solenoid wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes,fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?

When I turn on the headlights or the turn signals I hear a buzzing at the fuse or relay under the dash.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you double check to make sure all wiring was installed properly when the engine was replaced and all connections were clean and tight with no wiring damage at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician