Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD 2.7 engine Reg Cab. Fan Clutch

Customer Question
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD 2.7...
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4WD 2.7 engine Reg Cab. Fan Clutch replacement procedure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/27/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your fan and fan fluid coupling/fan clutch are connected together to the water pump pulley.https://www.dropbox.com/s/48fpxqy8hpdi233/fan%20-02-27.gif?dl=0.The fan comes off with the water pump pulley.I dont show the exact procedure here but you remove the drive belt from the water pump pulley then remove the bolts that hold the pulley onto the water pump.You may have to remove the four bolts that hold the fan shroud in place https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pq2xoo86ts1sok/shrod-02-27.gif?dl=0 then remove the shroud and fan assembly with the clutch and fan attached to the pulley.

Then remove the bolts that hold the fan to the clutch,then remove the bolts that hold the clutch to the pulley and replace the clutch and reverse for install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbluuoqlj85c516/bol-02-27.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Toyota Mechanic: Miel-cssm,
 replied 2 years ago
Miel-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/9kipc-toyota-tacoma-2002-toyota-tacoma-4wd-2-7-engine-reg-cab.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.