Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have a sienna toyota 2011 ... everytime i am on traffic

Customer Question

i have a sienna toyota 2011 ... everytime i am on traffic the car stop .the temperatu on the car it s okay nothing changes the car just turn off ... but when i am on a highway keep running normal anytime i am on a traffic shutts down then goes back on normal
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. When the van turns off can you start it right back up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car turns off when it s moving .. Like on a slow speed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help me cause my dad try everything already
Expert:  Fixitman replied 1 year ago.

If it turns off at idle but starts right back up most of the time it is caused by a bad throttle body or an issue with the variable valve timing. If the timing is sticking then this will occur. Most of the time it is the throttle body though.