Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. I need an engine number. If I have…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I need an engine number. If I have the vin #, can you tell me what the engine number is? I can't find it on the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure? I purchased a savage vehicle with a shot engine. I then purchased an engine. The engine is now in my vehicle and the vehicle is working fine. I need to get a CHP inspection and they are asking me for engine # ***** the engine that is now in the vehicle. I have bill of sale but they want to know engine number

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/25/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please advise of the model, year and engine type on your Toyota. Thanks.

The engine is from a 2015 Lexus RX 350, with engine 3.5L V6.

The engine serial number is ***** on the side of the engine block that faces the radiator. It is rather low, and should be found real close to where the transaxle meets the engine.