Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The erg vacuum solenoid they said is canary I cannot find on…

Customer Question
The erg vacuum solenoid...

The erg vacuum solenoid they said is for my canary I cannot find on the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Trying to replace vacuum solenoid. The replacement part I am not locating. The camary is a 4c 2.2l engine automatic

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/24/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

hello, thanks for posting

The EGR vsv is located directly under the intake manifold near the front of the engine, it's a little hard to get to as you may have guessed by now, jack the car up on the right front, remove the wheel, looking up just under the intake manifold you will see the valve bolted to the block with one 12 mm bolt.