sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I played my cd player /turned the car off/ started the car

Customer Question

I played my cd player /turned the car off/ started the car again and cd came out/ rtied to push back in and would not go in / waited several days tried again/ cd won't go in and says error 1 on the display
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

As long as the disc isn't damaged or something foreign wasn't inserted into the CD slot then this is going to be an internal failure in the radio. Most likely the radio is going to need to be replaced or removed and sent somewhere such as United RAdio for repair.

Sometimes a power cycle will help. Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't you have to have all these codes when you discnt the battery to restart stuf,f I don't have any codes or know how to put them in and where to do it?

You may have to enter radio security code. If there was a code needed your dealer or www.radio-codes.com could obtain it for you.