Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 1999 Toyota Rav 4 that my daughter drives to

Customer Question
college. The other day...
We have a 1999 Toyota Rav 4 that my daughter drives to college. The other day there was a burning smell and the blower motor stopped working. We could not find any fuses and it was suggested we replace the resistor. We purchased a new one and replaced it but we still have no blower. Help?? What is out next move?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/21/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, the blower operates on HIGh speed bypassing the resistor, 3 fuses are in the circuit but,, if say one blows, you would still have high speed, With this said? I lean to the blower motor, The switch? doubt it with NO speeds working, You changed resistor, looking at diagrams I go with bad blower motor. You can try? turning key on, selecting high speed and hitting on the blower rather hard in various spots, Sometimes this is will unstick the blower or you may see it try? to work confirming bad blower