Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a @006 Toyota Sienna Ven XLE Model. I parked it in…

Customer Question
I have a @006 Toyota...
I have a @006 Toyota Sienna Ven XLE Model. I parked it in driveway I left key in ignition because ii was home and never take it out at home... When I returned I put foot on Brake key in ignition but it was locked up and couldnt put it into gerat and it would not start... Isgnition would not turn.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Hello, thanks for posting

Have you checked the battery. or tried to use a jumper battery?

It's not an battery issue.

Ok, the key can not be turned from the lock position or pulled out? Could be a key interlock problem, what happens if you remove the voltage to the interlock by disconnecting the negative battery terminal?