Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I think I have relay my gauges won't come on the window

Customer Question
Hi I think I have...
Hi I think I have blown relay my gauges won't come on the window won't come down the gear shift is lock the radio don't work and the gas paddle isn't working correctly please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/20/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 2 years ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. When you put the battery in, is there any possible way that you hooked it up backwards?

I hit the terminal when I put it in and the alarm came on

Let's open the hood and remove the lid from the fuse panel. Look at the label on the panel and locate this fuse: ETCS Remove this fuse and inspect it very closely. Advise if it is blown

I looked at all fuses relays and they look ok

Did you check the fuses under the driver side of the instrument panel? This really sounds like a fuse issue

If the gas pedal is not causing the engine speed to increase, the ETCS fuse socket needs to be checked to see if power is present in one of the two holes. The ETCS fuse is responsible for power to the throttle motor.

If the fuse is blown, or no power is present, the engine will not rev up

Didn't see one with the letters on it evertoytelay in it is toyota

we are looking for fuses not relays. Look at the lid where the fuse list is. We need to check ETCS fuse. half way down on the panel.

I looked at all the fuses and all of them are good

can you check to see if there is power in the ETCS socket with a 12 volt DC test light?