Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have had a lube pump added to my FJ Cruiser and want to

Customer Question
pull it behind my RV...
I have had a lube pump added to my FJ Cruiser and want to pull it behind my RV. I have it all set up but the lube pump is not performing. What steps do I need to take?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have the hitch installed, the lube pump, installed, wiring from the FJ Cruiser installed and connected to my RV. The RV has an indicator that should come on when the lube pump is active, green for good, red screech for not functioning. I pull the FJ by putting both gear shifts in neutral. Still is not working?
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to fix it myself. The Toyota dealer has assisted me by letting me know that the transmission was short 4 quarts. That is taken care of.
JA: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?
Customer: They don't like talking about after market equipment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
2/19/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

How is the pump powered?

Can you remotely power and ground the pump and make it work?

What model pump did you use so I can see how its wired?

Do you have a manual shift transfer case?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician