Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Its a 2002 4Runner SR5. It has 253,000 miles. I changed the

Customer Question
catalytic converter in Dec. 2015...
Its a 2002 4Runner SR5. It has 253,000 miles. I changed the catalytic converter in Dec. 2015. I noticed in beginning of February when I get to about 20 - 40 miles the car feels forced and wont down shift unless i let go of the gas. When I get to about 60 miles it does the same thing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes. If not take to a mechanic. Really love this truck. Shes been good to me.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: It has high mileage but I always maintained it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
Toyota Mechanic: john, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john
john, The Car Guy

is the engine light on?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician