Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 Camry se fm radio display audio system stop sending…

Customer Question
2012 Camry se fm...

2012 Camry se fm radio for the display audio system stop sending sound after being used on a 2 hr trip. could still change stations but no sound. the navigation system was working and could hear the voice directions. turned the car off and restarted car. fm radio worked again ad heard sound. what is happening?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm good. And you?

I am always great

Mechanic's Assistant: Glad to hear it. What is your issue regarding?

2012 camry display audio system malfuction

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Toyota Mechanic should be aware of about your Toyota?

Just the information i first typed in

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

It sounds like a possible amp issue if yours has a separate amp or internal diode or circuit board in the audio unit overheating and shutting down.

I need to know if yours has a separate amp or not and need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics

I don't know if it has an amp. The last 8 digits of the vin are CU147547
I don't see an amp

HI,

Ok, unfortunately that means that there is a problem internally in the audio unit. Because there is power to the audio unit when it loses sound, it is not a fuse. And because the connector for the speakers is also the connector for the power, we know that the connector is not simply loose. So this leaves an internal issue on a circuit board getting hot and shutting down the sound output.

The choices are to either remove the audio unit and send out for repair or purchase a new unit.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks