Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Speedo and fuel gauge lights went out, then came back on at

Customer Question
next start up. 2005...
Speedo and fuel gauge lights went out, then came back on at next start up. 2005 Prius
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I also get then A/C not working with a message to check the A/C connector. IT usually resolves itself in 20-30 minutes. The mileage goes blank at the same time
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?
Customer: Otherwise a perfect delight. Had the high voltage battery rebuilt this past summer.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Toyota Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
2/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With all the issues you are having the computer system should be detecting and setting a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to determine what is failing the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician