Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Speedo and fuel gauge lights went out, then came back on at…

Customer Question
Speedo and fuel gauge...

Speedo and fuel gauge lights went out, then came back on at next start up. 2005 Prius

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Toyota. The Toyota Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I also get then A/C not working with a message to check the A/C connector. IT usually resolves itself in 20-30 minutes. The mileage goes blank at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Toyota Mechanic should know about your Toyota?

Otherwise a perfect delight. Had the high voltage battery rebuilt this past summer.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With all the issues you are having the computer system should be detecting and setting a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to determine what is failing the first thing you need to do is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.