Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to remove the strut mount from the assembly on a…

Customer Question
I am trying to remove...
I am trying to remove the strut mount from the assembly on a 2010 corolla. there is a steel plate over the nilock nut, how do I access the nut, I can not remove the circular steel plate on top of the mount
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
The strut assembly is out of the car and in a vise, and I have my spring compressor installed and slightly compressed.
There is no opening on the top of the mount, it is a solid piece of metal.
looking to remove this or understand how to remove this mount from the assembly by accessing the nut somehow?
2/18/2016
Toyota Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

You do not see the nut as shown in the diagram here?

Click here for diagram

Let me know if you still have the cover over the nut and if you can post a picture of what you are seeing

Thank you

no just a solid plate

Can you post a picture of what you are seeing?