Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My breaks are taking too to stop The car. Also ABS and vsc…

Customer Question
My breaks are taking too...
My breaks are taking too long to stop
The car. Also ABS and vsc lights are on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Toyota
2/17/2016
Toyota Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

when is the last time your brakes was changed how dose the brake pedal feel

Breaks were changed 4 years ago and break pedal is not stuck but is hard

would recommend new pads and check your brake fluid level

Break fluid is full. Do you think it could be a problem with ABS motor pump?

yes it is possible that there is an issue with the pump have you had the abs codes read

No but took the car to two different mechanics and they both have different answers. One said it was pump, other said it was break paddle

i seriously doubt it is the brake pedal with the abs light on the pump is a great possibility

Abs pump is so expensive. Getting repaired from dealership would be expensive compared to a local mechanic? Also if I buy the pump from junk yard or eBay, how do I recognize which is the correct model for the pump?

just make sure its from of the same engine you will be fine look on your pump the part number is ***** on it i go to the junk yard